For over four decades, thousands of adults and their children, have come to us to overcome domestic violence and trauma. But so many more are in need – more people like Elena.
Elena came to Stone House unaware she was experiencing domestic violence. But with support groups and counseling, she came to understand the abuse and more importantly, discovered that she’s not alone.
“I didn’t know there were so many women who had the same story; coming to Elizabeth Stone House showed me that. It gave me insight on what I want to do with my life, encouraged me to use my words and experience more to be a better mother and woman.”
Thanks to Stone House, and thanks to you, Elena is looking ahead to a brighter future. She left her abuser, regained custody of her children and continues to strengthen her family.
Make a gift today and give survivors the opportunity to create their own change and foster healthier, more stable families. You can give a domestic violence survivor their second chance.
Want to do more? Join our CornerStone Community by giving monthly. Be part of the chief foundation in building stronger, safer and healthier families.
$5000 keeps the Parent-Child Center open for six days.
In the fiscal year 2018 at the Elizabeth Stone House:
- 445 adult domestic violence survivors gained an understanding and learned to address personal challenges related to domestic violence through support groups, classes, and personal counseling.
- 236 children from violent homes benefited from family outings, holiday gatherings, therapeutic childcare, back-to-school shopping and our holiday gift drive.
- 80 parents improved their parenting skills.
- 42 domestic violence survivor families found stable housing.
- 60 adult domestic violence survivors took better control of their finances through classes and personal financial counseling.
You can also send checks (made payable to the Elizabeth Stone House) to:
Elizabeth Stone House
PO Box 300039
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130