The Elizabeth Stone House is a home away from home for hundreds of survivors of domestic violence every year. 96% of our families live in the community, rather than in our shelter or housing program. We – you and Stone House – need to be their home away from home. With a gift to our 2019 Home Away from Home Campaign, you can give a domestic violence survivor a safe haven to call home, while they work carefully to transform theirs.
“Elizabeth Stone House has made me whole again and made me be part of a community I can always call home….Thank you to the Elizabeth Stone House for saving my life.”
Make a gift today and give survivors the opportunity to create their own change and foster healthier, more stable families.
Do more and join our CornerStone Community by giving monthly. Be part of the chief foundation in building stronger, safer families.
$5000 keeps the Parent-Child Center open for six days.
In the fiscal year 2019 at the Elizabeth Stone House:
- 485 adult domestic violence survivors gained an understanding and learned to address personal challenges related to domestic violence through support groups, classes, and personal counseling.
- 344 children from violent homes benefited from family outings, holiday gatherings, therapeutic childcare, back-to-school shopping and our holiday gift drive.
- 66 parents improved their parenting skills.
- 13 domestic violence survivor families moved into permanent housing.
- 83 adult domestic violence survivors took better control of their finances through classes and personal financial counseling.
You can also send checks (made payable to the Elizabeth Stone House) to:
Elizabeth Stone House
PO Box 300039
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130